If you love garden-fresh produce but lack the space to plant a garden, then come plant with us!
- 10' x 10' plots are available in Old Mill Park, 500 W. Byron Ave.
- The annual garden season is: May 1 - October 15
- Daily garden hours are from dawn - dusk
- Addison Park District will till the soil before the gardening season begins
- Addison Park District will provide water for gardening in the park
- Gardeners must bring their own watering can for watering
The 2016 annual fee per garden plot is $25R/$35 NR (limit 2 per household)
Applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis starting March 1- 31 at Community Rec Center, 120 E. Oak St.
Community Gardeners are asked to follow the guidelines below...
- Plant my garden before June 1 and will keep it maintained until harvest time.
- Refrain from putting up any fencing around the perimeter of my garden plot.
- Plant tall crops where they will not shade neighboring plots.
- Ensure that any rambling crops in my garden remain within the border of my plot.
- Maintain a healthy garden by using only organic substances and amendments.
- Visit the garden only between the hours of dawn and dusk.
Remove everything from my plot by Oct. 15,(stakes, poles, remaining plants)
For more information, please call (630) 233-7275, option 2.